Tuesday, March 18, 2008

IT CAME, IT CAME, IT FINALLY CAME!!!

I feel so blessed to have been born in Canada. I love my country, and I love my city (Toronto). Granted, if a feasible opportunity came to live in NYC, I'd be gone in a flash. However, the lotto/employment fairies just don't dig me that much.
So, I live here, in Toronto, and bear the ridiculous winters and drink my Timmies. More importantly, I also wait a month to receive my eBay purchases.
However, I got my package yesterday. Bare Escentuals products all; I have now determined one thing. I think I love the i.d. Weather Everything mascara in black. The brush is very densely packed, so I had very natural coverage and absolutely NO clumping! We'll see how it holds up after an entire day, and whether it comes off.
I also received my B.E. Feather Light Mineral Veil, which I will probably open this week (when I run out of my regular Mineral Veil). The Sephora site says that it's "completely sheer with luminous finish", compared to the regular, which is "completely sheer". I'll get back to you on whether I become luminous. I have, thus far, been quite pleasantly surprised by the quality and effectiveness of Bare Escentuals products, so expect that I will, at the very least, not be disappointed.
The product which I originally purchased, RareMinerals Blemish Therapy, was the last of my treats. I cleaned off my concealer brush and dabbed the powder on my problem spots (of which I have many right now), and they seemed vaguely happier this morning. The powder lightened the dark spots a little, so if there'd been anyone around to care, I probably looked less 'naked'. I think it'll take a week or two (or more) to determine whether it's a waste of time/money. At 26, with the sporadic complexion of a teenager, I'm willing to try... I washed my face first with Philosophy's Purity Made Simple. It smells amazing, and feels quite mild, and does remove makeup well. I wanted to try the RareMinerals with a milder cleanser than the salycilic acid one I've been using.

I'm totally diggin' Philosophy's Microdelivery Peel kit. I got a sample at Sephora, and totally love it; will likely buy it when my sample is done. It's expensive-ish (about $100 in Canada), but you probably get a lot of treatments out of it (my sample has lasted four already). It leaves my skin so unbelieveably soft and smooth... wow. It really is 'soft as a baby's bottom'.

I've heard good things about blinc's Kiss Me mascara, and am thinking about trying it, to replace my Bourjois Volume Clubbing. I still love the Clubbing, but there have been numerous 'oh shits' when I angled the brush the wrong way and gave myself an eyelash mohawk. Although I do wear makeup most days, I go for a natural look, with an emphasis on my eyes, and wanted a more natural mascara. I think this new B.E. Weather Everything will (hopefully) be great for everyday, but come nighttime and special events... well, I'm not convinced that Bourjois is my perfect fit.

So, yeah. I've also now set my sights on the Bare Escentuals Get Started Eyes kit. I'm twitching for it. I'm lurking online, waiting for the perfect moment on eBay. I feel good about it.

No comments: