Saturday, March 22, 2008

Spring love...

Today I decided to treat myself. I went for a bike ride, on a sunny long-weekend Saturday, and ended up at Sephora. So many pretty colours! I ended up fulfilling months-long dreams of Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion and Bare Escentuals (of course) Buxom Lips in Bambi.

When I first entered Sephora last November, I knew I'd found my new 'problem' store. Naturally, I got the Insider membership, and as a result of numerous purchases, got a sample of the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. Not being all 'up' on cosmetics, I had no idea such a thing existed, but WOW, am I ever glad it does! The premise is that it goes on nude, and is a base that makes your eye makeup stay on all day, and keeps it from creasing.
Prepare for this.... IT'S TRUE!
I wasn't expecting it, but was shocked into submission. As someone who struggles with eye makeup more than anything else, the thought of a day-long fixative of my failures is a somewhat intimidating thought. However, the thought of having gone to all that effort, for it to fade by lunchtime, is even worse. This magical potion kept my eyeliner and eyeshadow on until I was ready to take it off. I found my eyeliner went on a little smoother, with that base, and the eyeshadow appeared more vivid. Even better, the tiny sample lasted forever, so the full-size bottle must be practically bottomless.


My Buxom Lips is amazing, too. It's got a nice taste to it, is long-lasting, pretty but subtle in colouring, and made my lips more pouty. It hasn't chapped at the corners, or done anything embarassing, and it's been about five hours, now.

It's Saturday night on a long weekend... let's find out how my new treats hold up to a night on the town!

No comments: